According to the recent survey, about 25 million Americans are suffering from Asthma, out of which 6.2 million are less than 18 years. Though there are treatments available to control asthma, all the treatments are not likely to be cost-effective and affordable. The most popular method of prevention is the Inhalation method. A lot of people use the inhaler to treat and prevent asthma attacks and other bronchial issues. The inhaler is a device which enables the patient to breathe better who are already suffering from asthma or other breathing problems. Inhalers stay in the human system for a short duration, but it is effective in a healing cough, chest congestion, and breathlessness caused by asthma. It is necessary to consult the doctor before using an inhaler.
Those who know how to use the inhaler correctly, have knowledge on a precise dosage can further lead to recovering asthma-related symptoms. The better is your inhaler; effectively it works in managing your asthma while reducing the risk of an asthma attack. Some of the amazing benefits of inhalers are as follows:
- - Inhaler lets you breathe properly while you are climbing stairs
- - Inhaler enables you to cope better with your usual asthma triggers
- - Those suffering from breathing problems can go ahead and participate in sports & fitness activities.
- - Helps in reducing the risk of an asthma attack.
How to Use Asthma Inhaler?
An inhaler is the most popular way of treating asthma. The reason that makes this method stand best and effective is due to its inhalation. All the medicinal properties enter directly into the lungs. Those who are consulting the doctor must learn ways to use an inhaler and its instructions. Here are general steps on how you should be using your inhaler:
- 1. Take off the mouthpiece cap and ensure that it is away from dust and dirt.
- 2. Firmly grasp the inhaler straight and shake well before use.
- 3. Now slowly breathe out and lean your head a little behind.
- 4. Gently insert mouthpiece into the mouth and enclose with the help of your lips.
- 5. Gradually start breathing and simultaneously push down the inhaler for a puff. Now keep breathing in deep and slow through your mouth.
- 6. It is highly recommended to take off your inhaler and hold your breath for a few moments. Now let the breath pass out through your nose gently and repeat the dose if required after a minute.
How Long Does Asthma Inhaler Last in the Body?
A lot of people must have had this question in their mind whether how long do these inhaled medicines last in the body. However, it all depends on:
- - The strength (chemical composition) of the drug
- - The condition of the patient (including the physical condition and functioning of bodily system)
Ventolin is formulated chemically that stays in the system for almost 4 - 6 hours. Although there are stronger drugs available in the market that has the potential to stay in the system for almost 12 hours.
The drugs tend to stay for longer in the system if the patient has a lower kidney function caused by aging. Moreover, users with kidney problems will be directed to take smaller doses as the kidney will not be able to absorb the drugs as rapidly as the other patients can do.
Ventolin Inhaler & its Functions
Ventolin is a drug to treat asthma symptoms and other breathing related issues. It is popularly used in inhalers for managing severe asthma attacks. Once the medicine is inhaled, it is grasped by the lungs. It eases the compressed airway muscles in no time while the airways turning wider for letting the air to pass in and out of the lungs more easily. One can use Ventolin in every 4 - 6 hours, whereas; the adverse effects reported till date increases in the heart rate, and tremors which can be resolved by the time.
Using an Asthma Inhaler with a Spacer
A lot of doctors nowadays recommend using a spacer along with your inhaler. Those who are new to the term, let me tell you, a spacer is an extension of the inhaler which you will be placed on your inhaler. The spacer has the ability to slow down the inhalation process while increasing the chances of the efficacy of the medicine. However, a spacer also ensures that the drugs reach your lungs while widening the airways a smooth breathing process.
How Many Puffs of Ventolin Inhaler can we take?
A patient who is allergic to any ingredients of the drugs should avoid using the inhaler. However, it is necessary for each one of you to check the ingredients involved in buying and using the inhalers to avoid any future problems.
Ventolin Inhaler for Pregnant Women
Ventolin inhaler is relatively safe to use during pregnancy. Though there are chances of Ventolin to blend into the breast milk in a modest amount, it keeps the baby unaffected. It is advised to consult a doctor before using Ventolin inhaler under any medical condition for proper instructions and doses.